202 Commerce St
Williston, VT 05495
Technology has revolutionized the ways we live, shop, socialize, entertain, access information, and conduct business in the modern world. Powered by the Internet, cloud-based tools, social media, and mobile apps, the technology revolution has delivered tremendous positive impact by bridging gaps between cultures, improving quality of life, enhancing operational efficiencies and speed, and many other advancements. However, if used without proper safeguards, modern-day technology can expose agents and their clients to many vulnerabilities. Viruses, malware, social engineering, identity theft, and other malicious threats (all of which are growing at alarming rates) are particularly concerning because the nature of the business requires real estate professionals to collect and store their clients? personally identifiable information.
This course empowers agents with the strategies and tools you need to navigate your business and clients through the perilous legal, online, and social media world. Course participants also leave with actionable tips and strategies for personal security as well as security for your technology devices.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how viruses and malware can infect your computer and mobile devices
- Identify techniques to encrypt your data to avoid getting viruses and malware
- Define encryption and explain its important role in securing your data
- Cite state and federal laws relating to technology that affect your job as an agent and your interactions with consumers
- Explain the National Association of REALTORS? policies on technology and how they impact your business
- State the terms and dangers of copyright infringement and identify safe sources
- Assess the impact and importance of using proper online etiquette and how to handle online conflicts
- Leverage tools and techniques to keep you and your technology devices safe