Download (PDF 1.8MB)
NAR’s latest Commercial Real Estate Outlook offers overall projections for four major commercial sectors and analyzes quarterly data in the office, industrial, retail and multifamily markets.
- Commercial fundamentals in large cap markets echoed the economic slowdown during the quarter.
- Demand for office and apartment properties remained steady, while industrial and retail found a softening in absorption.
- Vacancy rates experienced slight increases, but rent growth remained solid.
- Commercial fundamentals in small cap markets remained positive during the first quarter of 2017, but the pace of growth moderated.
- Leasing volume advanced 2.3 percent from the prior quarter.
- New construction increased by 2.3 percent from the prior quarter, the slowest pace since the first quarter of 2015.